Letter from the Chair
Dr. Rayvon Fouché
Associate Professor of History
Areas of Specialization
History of Technology; Science & Technology Studies; Race, Science and Technology; Sport & Technology
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- History of Technology
- Science & Technology Studies
- Race, Science, and Technology
- Sport and Technology
As a cultural historian of technology, Rayvon Fouché studies the nature and significance of engineering's impact on society and how social and cultural knowledge influence technological trust. His current research explores how science and technology influence the play of sport, how governing bodies legislate for and against the use of technology, and what is at stake for the future evolution of sport in an age where scientific knowledge and technological artifacts outstrip originally intended aims of sporting competitions.
- Ph.D., Cornell University
- M.A., Cornell University
- B.A., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Technology Studies. . London: Sage Publications, 2008.
- Appropriating Technology: Vernacular Science and Social Power. . Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 2004.
- Black Inventors in the Age of Segregation. . Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2003.