Letter from the Chair
Address: 309 Gregory Hall
Urbana, IL 61801
- Telephone: No Phone listed
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV: Download my C.V.
- Visit Website
Office HoursThursdays, 5-7pm (Fall 2013)
The working title of my dissertation is "Negotiating Care: Health and Medicine in the German Lands, 1450-1648." I have researched for the project in Hesse, Bavaria, and Baden-Wuerttemberg.
I have published on cinema in publications such as the Journal of American Studies of Turkey on the film Sleeping Beauty and on H-FILM on Brian Price, Neither God Nor Master: Robert Bresson and Radical Politics. I have also published in four World Film Locations volumes, on Paris, Las Vegas, Marseille, and Prague, all edited by Marcelline Block. I have further presented at the MLA 2012 Conference on the Romanian New Wave.
I have also published a review of Phil Soergel, Miracles and the Protestant Imagination, on H-German; and a review of the book The Bleeding of Mozart.
My past research centered on the medical career of Michael Servetus (1509/1511-1553). I presented on Servetus at the University of Maryland and the University of Kansas.
Specializations / Research Interest(s)
- Early Modern Germany
- History of Medicine
- Knowledge Networks and Knowledge Circulation
- History of the Body (Bodies)
- Women's History
- Mahayana Buddhism
- History of Cinema
- American Film
- French Film
- History of Care
The working title of my dissertation is "Negotiating Care: Health and
Medicine in the German Lands, 1450-1648." I have researched for the
project in Hesse, Bavaria, and Baden-Wuerttemberg.
- B.A., Kent State University (2006)
- M.A., University of Cincinnati (2009)
- University of Leicester (UK)
- DAAD Research Fellowship, 2012-13
- "Europe in the World: Encounter and Exchange, 1250-Present"
- Lubelski, Lance. "Deformity, Disaster, and the Sixteenth-Century Lutheran Wonder Book." Rev. of Philip M. Soergel. Miracles and the Protestant Imagination: The Evangelical Wonder Book in Reformation Germany.H-HRE (2012): 12 Nov. 2013. <http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=h-hre&month=1210&week=e&msg=7o5pdPFeGkmJN0a5nJrH1w&user=&pw=>.
- Lubelski, Lance. Rev. of Brian Price, Neither God nor Master: Robert Bresson and Radical PoliticsH-FILM (2011): 24 Jun. 2011. <http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=H-Film&month=1106&week=b&msg=RtflvJChOk2Ve5GtklP9bA&user=&pw=>.
- Lubelski, Lance. Rev. of The Naked Anabaptist by Stuart MurrayARC: The Journal of Religious Studies (McGill University) (2011):