Letter from the Chair
Dr. Elizabeth H Pleck Ph.D.
Professor Emerita of History
Professor of African American Studies
Areas of Specialization
20th century U.S. women's history, history of women and gender
- Pleck, Elizabeth H. Not Just Roommates: Cohabitation after the Sexual Revolution . . Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2012.
- Love of Freedom: Black Women in Colonial and Revolutionary New England. . Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Cinderella Dreams: The Allure of the Lavish Wedding. . University of California Press, 2003.
- Celebrating the Family: Ethnicity, Consumer Culture, and Family Rituals. . Harvard University Press, 2001.
- Domestic Tyranny: The Making of American Social Policy against Family Violence from Colonial Times to the Present. . University of Illinois Press, 1987.
- Black Migration and Poverty: Boston 1865-1900. . Academic Press, 1979.